Bad Weather Policy
If the public independent school district where attend class has cancelled classes for bad weather, etc., we will not have class as well. We do not make up these cancelled classes. You can find this information on our website under “News”.
Concert Dress Policy for Semester Classes
Beginner and Intermediate, Intermediate String Orchestra and Beginner Piano/Keyboard Classes:
All students must purchase white tuxedo shirts with black bow-ties. Boys must wear black dress pants and black shoes. Girls must wear black skirts and black shoes. This dress code will be required for all performances. If you have any questions, please see me before or after band class. Here are a few stores who carry the shirts with bow-ties: Garden Ridge Pottery, Hobby Lobby, and Michael’s.
Advanced Bands and Strings and Honor Full Orchestra:
All young men must purchase white tuxedo shirts with black bow-ties and wear black dress pants and black shoes. Young ladies must wear a long, black dress ( no low-cut or sleeveless ) and black shoes. This dress code will be required for all performances. Here are a few stores who carry the shirts with bow-ties: Garden Ridge Pottery, Hobby Lobby, and Michael’s.
Katy Recorder Class:
Students need to wear a Sunday outfit for the concert performance.
Summer Band and Orchestra Camp Concert Dress Policy
Ladies must wear modest skirts, jean skirts, or a dress. No low-cut or sleeveless tops. Guys must wear long pant or jeans.
Dress code for Semester Classes and Summer Band and Orchestra Camp
To insure modesty in the class, we ask that your student abides by the following guidelines.
- No low waisted pants, jeans, shorts, or skirts, etc. They should fit on or near the waist.
- Mid- rise are okay.
- No facial piercing – No eyebrow, nose, lip, tongue, etc. rings will be permitted.
- No “Gothic” type clothing, makeup, nail polish, or jewelry.
- No hats or caps. We are in a church, please show proper respect.
- Undergarments should not be visible at any time.
- Hair must be neat and clean. No unnatural hair colors or hair styles.
- No shorts.
- Shirts and pants should be modestly cut and not form fitting; this includes jeans.
- No excessively baggy pants or shirts. Pants must sit on or near the waist.
- No athletic shorts – Other shorts are acceptable.
Building rules and guidelines
- Students must be picked up immediately after their class is finished.
- No food or drink in the building.
- Parents are responsible for younger siblings who are not in class.
- No running or horseplay is allowed in the buildings.
- No one is allowed to play on the church’s playground equipment or in the parking lot.
All sheet music is the property of Instruments of Praise and must be returned to Mr. Sommer at the end of the last performance.