Bad Weather Policy
Keep an eye on this website’s “News” page. We will post updates here if any classes are cancelled.
Concert Dress Policy
Beginner Band, Intermediate Band, and Intermediate String Orchestra:
All students must purchase white tuxedo shirts with black bow-ties. Boys must wear black dress pants and black shoes. Girls must wear black skirts (below knee-length) and black shoes. This dress code will be required for all performances. If you have any questions, please see me before or after band class. Here are a few stores who carry the shirts with bow-ties: Amazon, Men’s Warehouse, Michael’s
Advanced Band, Advanced String Orchestra and Full Honor Orchestra:
All young men must purchase white tuxedo shirts with black bow-ties and wear black dress pants and black shoes. Young men can wear a black jacket if they would like. Young ladies must wear a long, black dress or black blouse/black skirt combo (no low-cut or sleeveless tops) and black shoes. This dress code will be required for the concert. Here are a few stores who carry the shirts with bow-ties: Amazon, Men’s Warehouse, Michael’s
Dress code for Semester Classes and Combined Rehearsals
To insure modesty in the class, we ask that your student abides by the following guidelines.
- No low waisted pants, jeans, shorts, or skirts, etc. They should fit on or near the waist.
- Mid-rise are okay.
- No facial piercing – No eyebrow, nose, lip, tongue, etc. rings will be permitted.
- No “Gothic” type clothing, makeup, nail polish, or jewelry.
- No hats or caps. We are in a church, please show proper respect.
- Undergarments should not be visible at any time.
- Hair must be neat and clean. No unnatural hair colors or hair styles.
- No short shorts.
- Shirts and pants should be modestly cut and not form fitting; this includes jeans.
- No excessively baggy pants or shirts. Pants must sit on or near the waist.
Building rules and guidelines
- Students must be picked up immediately after their class is finished.
- No food or drink in the building.
- Parents are responsible for younger siblings who are not in class.
- No running or horseplay is allowed in the buildings.
- No one is allowed to play on the church’s playground equipment or in the parking lot.
All sheet music is the property of Instruments of Praise and must be returned to Mr. Sommer at the end of the last performance.